Our first six months!
Today, as Johnny and I celebrate six months of marriage, I am caught somewhere in between "I can't believe it's already been six months!" and "how has it only been six months?" Either way, it has been a wonderful period of time in our lives.
So here, to mark our half-anniversary, are my six for six: six things experienced in the first six months of marriage.
1. Somehow, I feel like we've become more of each others' person than we were even after dating for 6.5 years. We are there for each other, and it's for life.
2. As life has quieted down, we have created routines for ourselves that we love. I can already see what it will look like for us to be 80-year-olds together.
3. It has been really fun for us to dream and create together as a married couple. Our Farmhouse has been the been the backdrop for a lot of that dreaming and creating, and it has brought so much joy to our lives!
4. Post-wedding anxiety is a real thing. I have lived it, and have woken up from too many wedding-related nightmares. I hope one day I hope I can remember the wedding more emotionally and less analytically! Woes of being a perfectionist.
5. It makes me feel like a teenager to say it, but my heart skips a beat when I hear Johnny call me his wife!
6. After seven years together, the six months we've been married have been by far the most meaningful. Many people told us that nothing really changes when a long-term couple finally "makes it official," but for us, I felt that things did change - and in the very best way!
Happy six months of marriage to my love!