Looking back on our first year
One year ago today, Johnny and I started on the very best adventure of our lives! After the tumultuous year leading up to our wedding, the first year of marriage has been good to us. We have settled into routines that we love, and have taken a lot of joy in renovating and decorating our Farmhouse, room by room.
Our newlywed year has gone by more quickly than I ever could have anticipated. It seems like just days ago we were celebrating six months! It truly has been a busy time, and although it went by quickly, so much happened along the way. Here are twelve memorable things we experienced during our first twelve months of marriage:
1. We traveled overseas for the first time together (Johnny's first time ever!) for our honeymoon in Santorini, Greece!
2. Johnny got a little bored and built a beautiful back deck (seen here beneath the carnage of the new dormer construction) with his bare hands and a few YouTube tutorials.
4. We went to Macon, Georgia together for a work event of mine, stayed in a haunted inn (didn't know that part until later!) and had a wonderful time exploring this lovely historic town!
6. We went through the loss of my Grandma together, a crushing experience I couldn't imagine having to endure without his support.
7. I got accepted into grad school to pursue my MBA at USC this fall, a lifelong dream.
8. We traveled, traveled, traveled for work: New Jersey, Chicago, North Carolina, Georgia, Arizona, South Dakota, Colorado. We don't love being away from each other, but it makes coming back home that much more rewarding!
11. My brother-in-law and I threw Johnny a surprise "Thug Life Thirty" birthday party, as a super fun way to help kick off his next decade!